Buffalo sauce and blue cheese is an addictive combo. Try it in crispy golden potato wedges and you’ll love it even more!
This recipe for oven-baked spicy potato wedges is easy to follow and takes only 40 minutes. The homemade blue cheese dip takes only 3 ingredients and a few minutes in a small saucepan.
This was another collaboration with Scotty Brand, the best Scottish quality potatoes!
Serves: 4 | Cooks in: 40 minutes
For the wedges:
- 4 Scotty Brand baking potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Buffalo hot pepper sauce, I used Frank’s RedHot (add one or two extra tablespoons depending on how spicy you’d like the wedges)
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for topping.
For the blue cheese dip:
- 70 gr blue cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare your blue cheese dip combining the blue cheese and sour cream in a small saucepan. Add garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir together and heat at low-medium for a few minutes, then set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200 °C degrees. Cut the potatoes into wedges. In a bowl, toss the potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper, until coated.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and arrange the potatoes in a single layer. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, then turn the wedges, and roast for a further 15 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- While the potatoes are baking, melt the butter and combine with Buffalo sauce. When the wedges are ready, toss them with the Buffalo & butter mix.
- Serve with the blue cheese dip and some fresh parsley.